Sunday, June 22, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


We have really been enjoying the addition of many fresh fruits and vegetables to our meals over the past few weeks. It just tastes like summer! Corn on the cob has proved to be an absolute favorite of all the kids. I think I may even try serving it for lunch a few times. That has always been a favorite lunch of mine in the summer - corn on the cob followed by a popsicle - and I'm sure it would be met with approval by everyone. For now it's going to be incorporated in two dinners this week. I'm trying to pull together all of the corn recipes I have that I can make with fresh corn so that I can do some mega cooking with it for the freezer. I also have similar plans for other fresh fruits and veggies this summer, so this may mean we have to seriously consider buying a stand-alone freezer, although just a small one for now.

This week will be a little different for us because Isabelle will be at our church's VBS program from 9-3 everyday. She will be taking a brown bag lunch each day. I spent a few minutes prepping her bags today since I am not used to packing a lunch for anyone, and because our mornings tend to be pretty lazy around here. Each day she will be taking: a ham sandwich, slices of mozzarella and sharp cheddar cheese, crackers, homemade chocolate chip cookies, and grapes. I put 5 bags of grapes in the freezer so that they will help keep her sandwich and cheese cold. Plus, if they don't thaw out all the way, Isabelle really likes eating frozen grapes.

Here is the rest of the plans for the week.

Breakfast

M- French toast
T - Crepes w/ bananas foster sauce
W - Breakfast cookies
Th - Zucchini bread, cereal
F - Sunshine toast
S - Baked oatmeal
Su - Puffed pancake w/strawberries

Lunch

M - Chicken salad sandwiches (made w/ grapes & bacon), mandarin oranges
T - Pizza grilled cheese and applesauce
W - Ham & cheese sandwiches, yogurt
Th - Tuna pasta salad, grapes
F - Hard-boiled eggs, cheese slices, apple slices, celery sticks
S- Leftovers
Su - BLTs

Dinner

M - Cheeseburger macaroni, fresh green beans w/ dill
T - Taco lentils over rice w/salsa, grape salad
W - Chicken parmesan over spaghetti, tomato basil bread
Th - Black bean & rice burritos, fresh corn salad
F - Spaghetti w/meat sauce, garlic bread
S - Polish sausage, potato salad, watermelon
Su - Hamburgers, corn on the cob, baked beans, cantaloupe

For more Menu Plan Monday, head on over to Laura's blog.

6 comments:

Unknown 10:59 PM  

Pizza grilled cheese sounds interesting.... care to share?
Have a great week!
Angela

Connie 12:06 AM  

Your menu looks great!

I can't wait to try the Tomato Basil Bread.

Have a wonderful week!

Judy 8:28 AM  

I use to love VBS when I was a child. I know my kids enjoy it too.
Froze grapes? I have never heard of doing that. I am going to have to try it next time we are going to be out for the day.

Nancy 9:21 AM  

Could you share your recipe for taco lentils? I'm hoping to add lentils to our menu this summer.

Jennifer 4:29 PM  

Your menu sounds yummy!
♥Have a blessed week!

Michele @ Frugal Granola 5:26 PM  

Great idea to use the frozen grapes in her lunch! I'll have to remember that!

Blessings,
Michele :)

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP