Friday, May 23, 2008

I've Always Enjoyed a Good Game of Tag

I've been tagged! Candace at A Garden of Blessings tagged me to participate in this fun getting-to-know-you game. So, here is a little bit about me:

4 Things I Was Doing 10 Years Ago:
1. Taking my first, second, and summer semester college courses towards an English degree.
2. Working part-time as a word proccesor at a Title Insurance Company.
3. Watching Friends, Seinfeld, and Mad About You as often as I could.
4. Reading through the entire collected works (to date) of Margaret Atwood.

4 Things I Was Doing 5 Years Ago:
1. Taking my sixth semester college courses towards an English degree.
2. Working full-time as a title examiner and office manager at a different Title Insurance company.
3. Enjoying my 3 year old daughter.
4. Searching for the grace that would save me and bring me new life.

4 Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Talked to my sister and my mom on the phone.
2. Stayed up until 2:30 am.
3. Listened to 250 knock-knock jokes, read a movie written by an 8 year old, kissed 100 ouchies, made three meals for 6 people, gave 1000 kisses, said "you're my best friend too" 50 times, vaccumed the floor 3 times...basically, mom duty.
4. Cleaned the house top to bottom with my husband in 2 hours and learned that I would not last long as one of his employees.

4 Shows I Like to Watch:
We really do not watch tv much at all, but when we do:
1. 24
2. Anything on Food Network
3. Glenn Beck
4. Any news program on any news channel (my husband is a news-junkie and chances are if the tv is on, we're watching some news show).

4 Things I Love to Do:
1. Read and write (while drinking coffee)
2. Make lists, handwritten only
3. Tell my husband and children that I love them
4. Walk around the old downtown, Main Street sections of towns, looking in shops, looking at old houses, and people watching.

Thanks for tagging me Candace!

Now, I tag:
Miranda at Life on Hackberry Road
Niki at Free 2 Be Frugal
Cajunchic at The Simple Cajun Life

2 comments:

Candace 12:23 PM  

Sounds like a sweet life, Kate. Thanks for playing along!

Michele @ Frugal Granola 12:02 AM  

This was fun to read! :) Thanks, Kate!
I love to do all those things too (minus the coffee).

Have a good weekend,
Michele :)

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP