Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Some Wise Words


"God has given us responsibility to choose what we invite into our hearts. We can choose to focus on God and take in messages of beauty, hope, joy, and courage. Or we can choose to take in messages of pessimism and cynicism. Whichever direction we lean will determine the type of heart we grow. Only a heart that trusts in God can praise him and reflect his glory to others. God is the author of beauty...God is the author of hope...God is the author of joy...God is the author of courage... If we want to have full hearts for our families, we will frequently run to God, who is the source of beauty, hope, joy, and courage."


- Taken from: Devotions for Moms by: Ellen Banks Elwell

Graphic courtesy of allposters.com

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP