Friday, April 18, 2008

A Metaphor-Minded Marriage

There is something you should know about Eric and me. We LOVE to talk in metaphors. We can take any situation and pretty much pare it down to a succinct metaphor. When one of us begins a metaphor during a conversation, the other one will usually pick it up later on to expound on it even more. Or, the other person will see things from a different perspective and come up with a different metaphor that goes off on some other tangent.

Eric and I talk a lot throughout our days. We talk during the day, we talk on the phone when he is out, we talk at night after he gets home. It is very unusual for 3 or more hours to go by without us talking to each other. So, our metaphor habit gets a lot of practice. It's just something small that forges a true connection between us and keeps our conversations flowing and interesting. And I just had to share tonight because we were just doing this on the phone and it still makes me smile. I am so happy that I am married to this man!

Graphic courtesy of allposters.com. (I know this picture really has nothing to do with this post, but I've always enjoyed Magritte, and I just had to share this picture, too.)

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP