Friday, February 29, 2008

Frugal Friday: Amazing and Super-Frugal Tooth Whitener


As coffee drinkers, Eric and I are always looking for ways to keep our teeth white in spite of habit. The tooth whiteners that are on the market are too expensive for the questionable results you receive. After doing some research into it, Eric has found a great solution for us, and it is SUPER frugal! Plus, it works great.
Here is what you need: hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. That's it. So around $2 total, with enough to last a year or more. Mix together equal parts hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to make a paste. Dip your toothbrush into the paste and brush teeth. While brushing, be careful to not swallow any of the paste. Rinse mouth and then brush again with regular toothpaste.
We have been amazed by the results we've seen. Not only are our teeth nice and shiny white, they also have that just-from-the-dentist clean feeling.
If you try it, please let me know how it works for you. I'd love to hear. I'd also love to hear anything else that you may use to whiten your teeth. Also, be sure to visit Crystal at www.biblicalwomanhood.com/blog.htm for more great frugal ideas!

7 comments:

Christie 2:29 PM  

I've done this before and was thrilled with the results... I need to start doing it again! Thanks for the reminder! :)

Jennifer 5:51 PM  

thanks for the info, I think I will try it. I am not willing to give up my iced tea, so this will help.

the momma 6:12 PM  

can you make up a bunch in advance, or do you have to mix as you use?

thanks!
Tracy

Kate 6:22 PM  

Tracy, good question! I honestly don't know since we mix ours up fresh every time. It takes just a second since we leave everything we need in the linen closet in our bathroom. I'll mix up a larger batch tonight and let you know how it holds up.

Christa 1:23 AM  

Thanks for the reminder! My dad's dentist used to have him do this every day, and I had totally forgotten about it. (It tastes really nasty, doesn't it?)

T.Blecha 12:19 PM  

How long does this take to start working????

Kate 5:44 PM  

It starts working really quickly, especially the great clean feeling. I'd say within the first 2 or 3 days you'll start to notice a difference.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP