Monday, March 30, 2009

Bloggers For A Cause

This week, I am so grateful to be a part of this wonderful blogging world. Ever since I began blogging in earnest over a year ago, I have loved being a part of this community. And now I have had the privilege of seeing a new and equally wonderful side of the blog world.

When I announced the Virtual Great American Bake Sale on Cooking During Stolen Moments, I wasn't too sure of the response I'd get. I had high hopes and a huge passion to raise a ton of money for Share Our Strength. So far, that hope and passion is only growing as I've seen more and more people embrace this project.

  • I am grateful for my very good bloggy friend Amy, who has tirelessly helped me promote the VGABS. Her offers of help have meant the world to me. And her ability to listen and read my endless rambling emails as I brainstorm (and stress, maybe just a little bit), has been amazing.
  • I am grateful for another very good friend, Joy, for creating the magnificent VGABS button for me, and for doing it with very little notice too. (By the way, if you are a fan of Joy's design work, like that header right up there, check out her new graphic design page.)
  • I am grateful to Carissa from Good and Crazy People and Mom It Forward. When I approached her to submit a recipe, she jumped right into my vision and passion and has helped with spreading the word since then.
  • I am grateful for everyone on twitter who has retweeted my countless "plea for recipes" tweets. The power of twitter amazes me and it has been a great way to get the word out.
  • I am grateful to @krishanna from twitter. She heard about the VGABS and reached out to me with the idea of putting a VGABS page on Facebook. I have spent such little time on Facebook and I just wasn't sure I had the time. But you know what, she offered to do it for me. How cool is that?
  • I am grateful to everyone who has written a post about VGABS on their blog and/or put the VGABS button in their sidebars. All these people taking the time to help spread the word has been so wonderful and beneficial.
  • I am grateful to everyone who has submitted a recipe or who has emailed me to let me they will be submitting a recipe before the deadline. Everything sounds so good and I'm excited to share all of these wonderful recipes.
  • I am grateful that so many have a passion to help Share Our Strength similar to mine. I am excited to see how much money we are able to raise for them.
So how about you...have you submitted a recipe for the Virtual Great American Bake Sale yet? Visit the Virtual Great American Bake Sale info page to read all the details and to submit a recipe.

And if you fall under one of those categories mentioned above - thank you, thank you, thank you!! I am so grateful for you today!

Stop by Heavenly Homemakers for more Gratituesday and The Lazy Organizer for more Talk About Tuesday. And then be sure to visit Hooked On Houses for more Hooked On...Fridays.

7 comments:

Heidi A. 10:54 PM  

What a great blog!
It's both beautiful and inspirational! Thanks!

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) 12:35 AM  

Oh my gosh! You are welcome.. Let's all stumble this post and get a storm raging!!

SnoWhite 8:55 AM  

I'm excited for the event too! I'm thinking about a recipe to send your way :)

Annie-Savor This Moment 1:23 PM  

I think your VGAB sounds like a great idea. I'll be back!

Jyl @ MommyGossip 12:17 PM  

Mom It Forward was so happy to post about this cause. Thanks for inspiring our readers! :)

James praker 3:52 AM  

Bloggers for a cause is the best platform for the blog information.
when your doing some work on Web Designing
then you face some issues same here loggers can solve their problem by using these information!
so thnx for sharing information!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP