Saturday, November 22, 2008

Scrumptious Sunday Swap - Maple Pecan Cookies

These are one of my favorite cookies to make at Christmas time. The flavors go so well with a hot cup of coffee or cocoa. I made some dough today to bake on Wednesday before heading to my parent's house for Thanksgiving. However, I just couldn't wait until then to eat one. So I put 6 spoonfuls of dough in the oven so that we could each sample one today.

Maple Pecan Cookies

  • 1/2 c. butter or margarine
  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 t. maple extract
  • 1 1/2 c. flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 t. salt
  • 1/2 c. chopped pecans
1. Cream together butter or margarine and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and maple extract; mix for 2-3 minutes.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl; whisk together. Slowly add to the butter mixture until completely mixed. Stir in the pecans.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Head over to Happy To Be At Home for more Scrumptious Sunday Swap.

12 comments:

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB 11:46 PM  

Those sound delicious. I need to be doing this with my grandson he loves to bake stuff.
Take care, Chrissie

Alisa 12:12 AM  

Oh my, I think I will definitely need to try these. They look delicious and I love maple flavor and pecans. Thanks for sharing.

Laura 1:50 PM  

These sound so good, and I just got a 5lb. bag of pecans from the co-op I belong to - yippee! I have some maple sugar too - maybe a sprinkle of that over the top would be good? I'll have to give it a try! Thank you for the recipe!
-Laura, tenthingsfarm.blogspot.com

MamaMia 2:50 PM  

I can hardly wait to try these when I get home! Can you use maple syrup instesd of the extract?

Niki Jolene 9:26 PM  

oh wow....these sound divine!

:)

Muthering Heights 9:35 PM  

Yum, those sound delicious!

Alisa 9:41 PM  

I was wondering the same thing about substituting (real)maple syrup. I couldn't find the maple extract in the store. Thanks.

Kate 9:43 PM  

I've never tried substituting it with real maple syrup, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I would probably use a little more than the recipe calls for, just to make sure the flavor is right.

If anyone tries, please let me know how it turns out! I'd love to hear about it.

Shynea @ Penny Pinching Diva 10:46 AM  

Oh my goodness these look so good. I am definitely adding this recipe to my Christmas baking list.

Alisa 3:25 PM  

I did try this recipe with real maple syrup instead of the extract and I thought they were great. My only complaint was it wasn't a very big batch so I'll have to make more sometime soon. FYI- I used 3 TBSP of maple syrup instead of the extract and 2 extra TBSP of flour to kinda make up for the extra liquid although I'm not sure it would have mattered too much. thanks for sharing Kate!

Annie 5:18 PM  

I made these this morning and truly enjoy them! They are so delicious!! The recipe didn't make as much dough as I am used to so next time I will be doubling this recipe. Thank you for sharing this recipe! It will be one that I am adding to the Christmas baking file.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP