Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday: Kitchen towels

I always used to fold my kitchen towels into nice tidy squares and fit them ever-so-perfectly into their little designated spots in their kitchen drawer. Then the kids started getting older and using my kitchen towels to wipe their hands, their faces, their spills, or to make capes or "flying wings." Thus, the nice and neat kitchen towel drawer was always a mess. And, there were about a dozen towels a day being used. And, I had little ones who always wanted to help fold laundry and their idea of a perfectly folded towel square looks absolutely nothing like mine. And, I was rearranging the kitchen and realized I had a big drawer free. Long story short, you know what I've found really works for me? NOT FOLDING THE KITCHEN TOWELS AT ALL!!! This brilliant idea solved all the little dilemmas presented in each of the "ands" above. Now, my big kitchen drawer is jam-packed with piles of towels "folded" by my 2 and 3 year olds, always ready to be grabbed out by the next messy hand. What a relief this has been to me. Sometimes it really helps to lighten up a little. For more great Works For Me Wednesday ideas, please go here.

9 comments:

Anonymous,  1:06 AM  

this is a good lesson to learn, that sometimes we do need to lighten up a bit. One day those little hands will fold those towels neater and they will want to continue to help! A lesson for them too.

Amanda 2:06 AM  

Best WFMW yet. Fun post. I prefer not to even own kitchen towels because they just make for more laundry, of which I am not a fan.

Anonymous,  7:49 AM  

This one made me smile ... thank you! I always think we need to do "whatever works" ... your solution is perfect!

Anonymous,  8:49 AM  

Works for Me,ROTFL!!!! Anything to make the job easier!!

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart 11:42 AM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I laughed about nursing while cooking. I've found myself nursing at quite some funny times as well.

Great tips on not folding the towels. It works for kids clothes in drawers as well. :)

Anonymous,  1:28 PM  

Great idea... you must have a very large drawer. My drawer can only fit about 4 towels folded absolutely perfect!

Anonymous,  3:41 PM  

I love that idea! I'm going to try it. Thanks.

Anonymous,  5:40 PM  

This is a wonderful example of less is more. I do the same thing with my everyday cloth napkins.

Heart of Wisdom 12:39 AM  

Love it, Love it, Love it.

robin@heartofwisdom
http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP